French Baked Brie
Warm baked Brie cheese is the perfect match with red wine over winter months. We’ll let you in on a family secret and share one of our all-time favourite recipes.
4 tbsp fig jam
1/3 cup dried figs, sliced
1/3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
100g round of French brie
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the fig jam in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced dried figs with the pistachios and walnuts. Add half of the fig jam and mix well to coat the nut mixture.
- Place the round of brie in a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish. Using a knife, coat the brie with the remainder of the jam.
- Top the brie with the fig and nut mixture.
- Place the brie dish on a baking tray and bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes (or until brie starts to ooze, but not melt).
- Serve warm with your favorite crackers or toasted bread.
Image courtesy of The Mediterranean Dish